Saturday 17 April 2010

11/50: Running, Gum


This morning, I went to get a paper from the newsagents. As I rounded the corner, I saw a bus coming and quick as a flash, I seized the opportunity and ran, as fast as I could, to the bus stop. I arrived there just before the bus, at which point I stopped running and carried on walking. I'm not sure what the bus driver thought.

This brought me to the actually difficult aspect of this task, which is to eat half a packet of chewing gum (I suppose, for the purposes of the task, in one go). Since the chewing gum is assigned a calorie value, I tracked down some non-sugarfree gum (Wrigley's Doublemint) and brought it home with me. I then unwrapped half of the gum sticks (the sickly sweet smell hit me immediately and was quite unpleasant) and then put them in my mouth all at once (see photo). I now pretty much feel sick, so if you'll excuse me I'm going to continue chewing until I feel as though I have absorbed 25 calories, and spit this out. This is a truly horrible experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment