Sunday 11 April 2010

10/50: Gardening, Pasty


Sorry for the lack of pictures on these posts, I apparently didn't take any. Having completed my epic mowing task, I set to on the rest of the garden - which hasn't been done since the end of last summer, and was looking a bit tired. I started by trimming the bushes at the front and back, especially where they overhang the road, and in the process got stabbed quite impressively all over my hands with thorns. I then set to trimming and pulling up all of last year's growth, much of which was pretty seriously dead, and nearly filled the garden waste wheelie bin in the process.

Finally, I had a bit of a go at clearing all the grass off the flower beds, and did about a tenth of the length of the bed before my knees and hands gave up. I dug a few holes, into which I planted some bulbs I got from the pound shop, which I'm assured will flower around June, and hopefully, if the ones I planted last year have survived, will make for a nice looking bed. The whole process took around 1 hours 50 minutes (give or take... since I went over time with the lawn mowing, I feel loose timing is justified here) and afterwards, I retreated to the sofa for a delicious tasty cornish pasty.

1 comment: