Sunday 11 April 2010

9/50: Mowing the lawn, Pimm's


Seems simple enough. Mow the lawn with an electric mower. Well, whoever devised this list of tasks has obviously never tried to use my new lawnmower, which I have had for a while but haven't used yet, since it's been winter (and grass, as all good gardeners know, doesn't grow very much in the winter). I suspect the makers of the mower had a keen sense of irony, since its name is the CHALLENGE XTREME. Yes, that's a real mower brand.

Not only is it awkward to push around, and the handle feels like it's about to come off most of the time, but this mower has an extra added annoyance noone could have anticipated: Its grass box holds approximately one square metre's worth of grass before it is full. That's not even a massive exaggeration. I mean, the grass wasn't exactly short (the picture provided by the poster is also a bit extreme) , but still - I must have stopped and emptied it thirty times before I'd finished the back lawn, easily filling my 37 minutes. Task completed (or should I say, Xtreme Challenge completed), lovely boyfriend got to enjoy a lovely cool glass of Pimm's and Lemonade, available in can form now apparently, while I got on with my next task...

No comments:

Post a Comment