Monday 18 January 2010

2/50: Walking, Garlic Bread



I thought I would get on with the next challenge, and since the various places I live and work are either less than half an hour's walk apart or more than half an hour's drive, I had to specially arrange a half-hour walk - so, I dug out my gym card, a pair of trainers and a book, and went and sweated a half-hour stint of speed walking on the treadmill. While I initially intended to be discreet about this, the treadmills in the back of the gym were all on the blink, so I resigned myself to being stood in the window where everyone could see me power-walking. Not that I'd notice anyone looking at me - I was engrossed in my book the whole time. Once I'd finished, it felt like I wasn't properly walking on the floor for a few minutes. Mental. I then proceeded to the university refectory for a well-earned lunch, accompanied (of course) by a lovely piece of garlic bread. Action shot here shown - see, I'd just had a shower and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment